I put my six meter stressed moxon to use in the ARRL September VHF Contest. Unfortunately, there wasn’t much stress from the number of QSOs. I was only able to get 17 contacts into my log. For most of the contest it looked like 10 would be my limit. All those were from nearby stations. A few in my home grid of EM12 along with EM13 as well as EM10 and EM00. I also managed to work Marshall, K5QE, at EM31. Those last three were new grids for me.
However, the magic band came through in the last 90 minutes of the contest with an opening to the north. I was able to work North Dakota, South Dakota, Wyoming, and Colorado. So that at least topped off my contest and left me with a good feeling about my weekend effort of calling CQ and listening to noise.
Even so, I’m enjoying VHF and considering how to get that moxon up in the air on a permanent basis along with a rotator other than running outside and moving it. I’m also thinking about adding the internal 2 meter transverter to my K3. Always something new in my ham radio adventures.